Fastener Application Engineering requires extensive experience in the study of Bolted Joints and Fasteners Behavior in real life under several stresses, known and unknown, expected and unexpected. Application Engineering is not limited to selecting the appropriate Fastener for each application, but it also includes providing Fastening Solutions at the design stage of your new project in order to optimize the Manufacturing, Assembly and Installation costs. At Vine Engineering, we provide the necessary Technical Advice that helps you reduce the overall cost, increase of productivity, and assure integrity of the Joint and the safety of the installation crews.
A common example of Application Engineering is the selection of Fasteners for the Solar Energy Industry. To learn more about fasteners for Solar Energy click on the photo below.
Fasteners for the Solar Energy Industry
Solar Power Stations or Solar Farms require large numbers of special Fasteners, which can be categorized into three groups:
- Fasteners securing Structure to Foundation.
- Fasteners securing Structure components to one another.
- Fasteners securing Solar Panels to the Structure.
Each fastener must be properly specified based on its function, joint configuration, and environmental effects.
Fasteners for the Solar Industry should have the following characteristics:
- Simple Installation, preferably; one hand installation.
- External/Internal Threads Engage freely (especially when heavy coating is applied.)
- High Speed of Assembly.
- Use of Torque Controlled features to eliminate over/under tightening of the Fasteners, which can lead to loosening or joint failure.
- Constant Clamp Load on the Bolted Joint.
- Vibration Resistance
- Thermal Effects on the Fastener and the Clamped Material can lead to loss of Joint Clamping.
- Tamper-Proof features